Melinda is a director in PPB Advisory’s Forensics practice group.
Melinda has over 21 years’ experience in corporate restructuring, forensic accounting and financial investigations.
For the last 17 years she has specialised in loss and damage assessments arising from contract disputes, tortious acts, ACL breaches, compulsory land acquisitions and business interruption. She has assisted businesses across a broad range of industries providing advice as consulting expert and independent expert.
Melinda has also performed a variety of large financial investigations over recent years and is a Certified Fraud Examiner and a Licenced Investigator in Victoria.
- Assessment of loss suffered due to a site being compulsorily acquired that was planned for redevelopment and construction of various tenancies, including a large fast food franchise
- An assessment of the loss of profits suffered in relation to the alleged mismanagement of an almond farm
- Critique of a loss and damage assessment relating to an alleged breach of licence agreement and misuse of confidential information in respect of a pharmaceutical company
- Assessment of loss relating to alleged misrepresentations and breach of contractual warranties in respect of a grocery and liquor store
- An assessment of business interruption losses suffered over a 12 month period as a result of a steel mill not operating in accordance with designer specifications
- An investigation into allegations made by a whistle blower regarding Board behaviour in respect of an ASX listed entity
- An investigation into a collapsed financial broker where there was a deficiency in investor funds of $46m.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Studies (Accounting)
- Chartered Accountant (CAANZ)
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certificate III in Investigations
- Licensed investigator (Vic)