Managing Partner, New Zealand
David heads up our New Zealand practice. He has over 20 years’ experience in business regeneration, restructuring, and insolvency services and is respected by the leading financiers in New Zealand and Australia.
During his career, he has completed:
- turnarounds and workouts for secured and unsecured lenders
- formal assignments (liquidations, receiverships, and voluntary administrations)
- independent business reviews and diagnostic reports which focus on a company’s viability
- assessment of management ability and performance for shareholders and financiers
- negotiations on behalf of financiers and stakeholders to settle disputes and retain value
- pre-lending reviews on behalf of both lenders and borrowers.
Prior to joining PPB Advisory, David worked for both Deloitte and PricewaterhouseCoopers in New Zealand and Australia respectively.
David has led the following major assignments:
- restructure of a group operating in the forestry and civil contracting industry
- Bullet Freight group receivership, a nationwide transport and logistics operator
- Flotech group receivership, a NZ manufacturing business in the biogas sector with operations in Europe and North America
- Jasons Media Travel receivership, which resulted in the sale of the business as a going concern
- administration, and subsequent liquidation, of CMA Recycling, a multi-site scrap metal merchant
- review, and subsequent turnaround, of a supplier to the NZ construction industry, with debt of $300m+
- turnaround of a group of restaurants and hotels, including settlement of a significant shareholder dispute
- review of a vineyard and winery operation on behalf of a secured lender, with $50m+ exposure
- Geon Group liquidation, a major trans-Tasman printing operation
- numerous other independent reviews, turnaround and formal assignments on behalf of financiers, boards and stakeholders.
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Institute of Directors in New Zealand
- RITANZ (Restructuring and Insolvency Turnaround Association of New Zealand)