Government and Public Sector
Our understanding of government
We have a deep understanding of the key challenges in the public sector, including:
- making the best investment and resource allocation decisions between competing community needs and priorities
- rethinking and reshaping the role of governments in commissioning, managing and delivering public services
- finding new ways to engage and collaborate with communities, the private sector and the not for profit sector to achieve better outcomes
- encouraging investment in services and infrastructure through new and innovative means
- reforming key industries and markets to drive efficiencies, improved productivity and competition
- being responsive to international, national and local economic conditions and demographic trends
- establishing policy and governance frameworks that underpin the effective delivery of essential services, while meeting increasing standards of integrity, accountability and transparency.
Our expertise is helping governments to meet these challenges by providing solutions that are responsive, progressive and sustainable.
Our government practice
Our government practice has extensive experience in advising governments on public policy, economic analysis, market design, regulation, strategy and performance evaluation, as well as how to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and operations of public sector organisations.
We operate as an integrated, national multi-disciplinary practice, committed to putting together the best people and skills to solve each client’s particular issue.
We specialise in delivering solutions within complex stakeholder environments, and in supporting public sector organisations to design and implement major reform and transformation programs.
Our clients include agencies from Commonwealth, state and local governments, as well as educational institutions and not for profit organisations funded by government.
Key government sectors we operate in:
- Education – Schools, VET and Universities
- Justice and Emergency Services
- Family and Community Services – Housing, Aged Care and Social Services
- Central Agencies – Prime Minister/Premier and Cabinet, Treasury, Finance and Consumer Affairs
- Environment and Industry – Primary Industries, Resources, Water, Conservation and Utilities